Perched on a little hillock, near the Parade Ground in Fort Kochi, Bishop's House is an architectural marvel. Boasting large Gothic arches and a circular garden path, winding up to the main entrance, the house is a visual treat. Some of the other notable features are a maze of corridors, elaborate living rooms, stained glass windows, wooden staircases, a marble plaque near the main stairway. The walls of the house are adorned with 36 exquisite paintings that depict historical events that led to the formation of the Catholic Church in Kerala. The house was built in 1506 as the residence of the Portuguese governor. Next to it, lies the Indo-Portuguese museum, which has precious artefacts, collected from various churches under the Cochin diocese.