The Lake Palace

THE LAKE PALACE

Now a hotel, the Lake Palace was originally called the Jag Niwas Palace and served as a summer palace. Built between 1743 and 1746 on the island near Jagmandir Palace in Lake Pichola, the palace is a wondrous sight to behold. The walls made of black and white marble are adorned by semi-precious stones and ornamented niches. Gardens, fountains, pillared terraces and columns line its courtyards.

NEARBY ATTRACTIONS