It is one of the renowned tourist attractions of this majestic hill-town. This place also known as Park Estate, was constructed in 1832. It was the residence and laboratory of Sir George Everest, the surveyor General of India. He owed the responsibility of completing the section of the Great Trigonometric Survey of India along with the meridian arc from the south of India extending to north of Nepal. Mount Everest, the highest peak of the Himalayas was named after Sir George.