The present structure was founded in 1660 AD by Raja Jagat Singh. Tradition has it that as a penance for his sins the Raja brought an image of Lord Ram from Ayodhya, the birth place of Lord Ram, in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The statue was enshrined in the Raghunath temple. The temple architecture has a mixed look of Pahari and Pyramidal style. Everyday puja (prayer ceremony) is held five times.