Bisalpur or Vigrahapura was founded by the Chahamana ruler Vigraharaja IV in the 12th Century AD. The importance of Bisalpur is due to its temple of Gokarnesvara, also known as Bisal Deoji's Temple, constructed by Vigraharaja IV or Visala, who was a devotee of Gokarna, an aspect of Lord Shiva. It is situated beside the Bisalpur Dam on the Banas River. The temple (22.20 m x 15.30 m) has a 'pancharatha' sanctum, 'antarala', square 'mandapa' and portico with 'sikhara'. It also enshrines a 'linga'. This sanctum is surmounted by a hemispherical dome and it is supported on eight tall pillars carved on the lower section with floral festoons, chain-and-bell and circular medallions. There are several short inscriptions which record the visit of pilgrims from time to time. The earliest of these is dated 1154-65 AD and the inscription is important for mentioning the Chahamana Chief, Prithviraja III. The ASI (Archaeological Survey of India) has marked it as a monument of national importance.