The Town Hall or Mahatma Gandhi Hall is one of the prettiest buildings in Indore city. Built in 1904, it was originally named King Edward Hall. In 1948, it was renamed Mahatma Gandhi Hall. It has a remarkable Indo-Gothic structure and is made in Seoni stone. Its splendid domes and steeples are the landmark of Indore city. It has a clock tower in front and is popularly known as Ghanta Ghar. The central hall can accommodate 2000 people at a time and is the venue of book, painting exhibitions and fairs throughout the year. The building also has a library, children's park and a temple.