Built in 1560 by Ibrahim Adil Shah, the Sultan of Bijapur, the Safa Masjid lies 2 km west of Ponda. The mosque is in a fairly extensive complex of gardens and fountains which lies in ruins today. The rectangular prayer hall of the mosque rests above a high base and is capped with a pointed terracota tile roof. Adjacent to the mosque is a well constructed masonry tank with small chambers with ‘meharab’ designs. The two major festivals of Id-Ul-Fitr and Id-Ul-Zuha are celebrated at this mosque with great pomp.