Ramshila Hill situated on the south-east side of Gaya is considered to be the most sacred place as it is believed that Lord Rama had offered ‘pinda’ on the hill. The name of the hill is associated with Lord Rama. A number of stone sculptures belonging to the ancient period can be sill notices on and around the hill which suggest the existence of some earlier structures or temples since very early time. The Temple situated on the top of the hill called as Ramesvara or Patalesvara temple was originally built in 1014 A.D. but has gone through many restoration and repairs in succeeding period. In front of the temple “pindas” are offered by the Hindu devotees during Pitrapaksh for their ancestors.