Parasgad Fort

PARASGAD FORT

It lies in the village area of Saundatti, about 2 km to the south. This rugged rocky fort stands on the south-west edge of a range of hills immediately overlooking the black soil plain down below. The hill, measuring about 500 m from north to south and about 300 m from east to west, is irregular with a covering of prickly pear and brushwood. The construction of the fort is ascribed to Shivaji in 1674.

NEARBY ATTRACTIONS