var flashvars = {};var params = {menu:"",wmode:"window",allowscriptaccess:"always"};var attributes = {};swfobject.embedSWF("/Food&cuisine/food.swf", "incredible_food", "800", "600", "9","/modules/mod_swfobject/lib/expressInstall.swf", flashvars, params, attributes);

Excursions

Daulatabad Fort (13 Km)
This fort was built by the Yadava dynasty in 1187 and was known as Deogiri.  It was renamed Daulatabad by Mohd-bin-Tughlaq who shifted his capital temporarily here in 1326 A.D. Open: Sunrise to Sunset

Khuldabad (26 Km)
The simple tomb of Emperor Aurangazeb is situated here.Resvn: The Ex. Engineer(B&C),PWD, Padampura, Tel: 2331288.

Ellora Caves (29 Km)
The Ellora Caves belong to the Buddhist, Hindu and Jain faiths. There are in all 34 caves, of which 12 are Buddhist, 17 Hindu and 5 Jain. The most remarkable of the carved shrines at Ellora is the Kailasa Temple chiseled out from a single rock & is lavishly carved and sculpted. Timings: Open from 0900 to 1730 hrs.(Closed on Tuesdays)

Paithan (56 Km.)

Situated on the banks of the river Godavari, is this ancient city of Pratishthan, also famous for it’s association with the renowned Marathi poet Saint Eknath, whose shrine is located here.  Paithan is also famous for it’s gold and silver embroidered saris called  ‘Paithanis’.  4 Km. north of Paithan town is the Jaikwadi Project and the area around Jaikwadi has been developed into the Gyaneshwar Udyan, planned along the lines of the Brindavan gardens at Mysore.

Grishneshwar Temple (30 Km.)
One of the 12 Jyotirlingas

Mhaismal (50 Km)
A beautiful hill resort at an altitude of 913 mt

Pithalkhora Caves (75 Km.)
A group of 13 caves - Chaityas and Viharas, dating back to the 2nd century B.C. with additions in the 5th and 6th centuries. 


Shani Shingnapur (75 Km.)
Famous for the venerated Shani shrine.

Sindkhed Raja (90 Km.)
Sindkhed Raja is famous as the birthplace of Rajmata Jijabai, the mother of the great Maratha warrior, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.

Ajanta
Caves (104 Km.)
The thirty rock-hewn caves at Ajanta, cut into the scarp of a cliff are either Chaityas (chapels) or Viharas (monasteries).  On the walls of the caves are paintings, many still glowing with their original colours.  The outer walls are covered with brilliantly executed sculpture. The Buddhist theme of the Ajanta paintings recounts the life of Lord Buddha and tales of his previous earthly experiences. Timings: From 0900 hrs. to 1730 hrs(or sunset). (Closed on Mondays). Accommodation: M.T.D.C. Holiday Resort, Fardapur, (5 Km. from Caves), Tel: (02438) 244230.Ajanta Travellers Lodge, Ajanta Caves, Dist. Aurangabad, Tel: (02438) 244226.


Lonar Crater (160 Km.):

The Crater was formed by the impact of a meteorite, nearly 50,000 years ago.  The Lonar Crater, said to be among the five largest in the world, has the distinction of being the only natural impact crater in basalt rock.Accommodation: MTDC Rest House; Tourist Complex, Tel: (07260) 221602


Aundha-Nagnath (203 Km.)
One of the twelve Jyotirlingas, it is an important place of pilgrimage.

Pal and Yawal Wild Life Sanctuary (248 Km.)
The tropical dry deciduous forest of Pal and Yawal of Jalgaon district constitute this sanctuary, which covers an area of 177.52 sq.km. Many species of birds and animals are found here including the panther, jungle cat, neelgai, langur, wild dog, sambar, hyena, tiger, chital and chinkara and birds like the peafowl, grey jungle fowl, red spurfowl, green pigeon, sandgrouse and grey partridge. Accommodation is available at a Forest Rest House.

Nanded (Huzur Saheb) (277 Km.)

The Sachkhand Gurudwara is an important place of pilgrimage for Sikhs.  This Gurudwara was built to commemorate the memory of the tenth and last Guru of Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh. Accommodation: Hotel Chandralok, Airport Road, Tel: (02462) 232000; Hotel Anuradha Palace, Hingoli gate, Tel:(02462) 232021-2; Hotel Guru Tel: (02462) 234191, 234491



Gandhi Teerth, Jalgaon (158 Km)

alt
Gandhi Teerth is a magnificent 65,000 sq. ft. complex of research centres and museums on the life and times of Mahatma Gandhi and  located at Jain Hills, Jalgaon. The premise is beautifully landscaped with sprawling lawns and is adjoined by mango orchards with mounded sit-outs and serene walk-ways. The entire green complex nestles between 300 acres of lush, afforested hilly terrain, and is noise-free and pollution-free. Residential facilities for researchers and guests are housed within the complex. For further details please visit http://gandhifoundation.net 



jQuery('.print-icon a, .email-icon a').click( function(){ return false; });
BackGround Image

Download View Content View Background

Loading Background Image
Loading Page Static Back Ground