How would you like to travel?
Coimbatore is connected by daily flights with Chennai, Cochin, Bangalore and Mumbai. The airport (Peelamedu) is 10 km from the city (Tel: 0422 2592155).
Coimbatore is a major Southern Railway junction
Some distances are:
- Chennai (532 km, via Ranipet, Krishnagiri),
- Ooty (98 km),
- Yercaud (259 km, via Bhavani, Avinashi, Salem),
- Vellore (363 km),
- Velankanni (350 km),
- Palani (via Pollachi, 108 km),
- Tanjore (285 km),
- Trichy (via Karur 204 km),
- Kanniyakumari (457 km),
- Thekedy (357 km),
- Thuthukudi (438 km),
- Mysore (230 km),
- Mudumalai (135 km),
- Madurai (via Palani Dindigul, 227 km),
- Kodaikanal (168 km),
- Kochi (190 km),
- Bangalore (via Salem, Krishnagiri, Hosur, 330 km).
Frequent bus services connect Coimbatore to places like Chennai, Ooty, Mettur, Krishnagiri, Salem, Madurai, Nagercoil, Ramanathapuram, Nagapattinam, Trichy, etc.